Cocoalamina
Glamour Doll Eyes Shadow Towers/Stacks | Cocoa Lamina

Glamour Doll Eyes Shadow Towers/Stacks


I'm always on the lookout for well priced and good quality pigments and while on you tube I stumbled across a tutorial using Glamour Doll Eyes eye shadow pigments (http://glamourdolleyes.com/). I took a look around their website and decided I would try out a few of their pigments. While browsing I saw that they provide eyeshadow towers with various shadows in different number combinations. I decided to get the 4 shadow "Olivia" stack ($14.00) , and the 5 Shadow "Yuliya" Stack ($17.50). Regular pigment containers are $6.00 each so I figured this would be a cheaper way to try out more shadows and get more product seeing as the sample's of course don't contain as much.


The Olivia tower contains the shadows (From top to bottom)
Katie's Storm : Light Taupe color with sparkle
Makin' A Scene : Metallic silver
Olivia Green : Matte medium green
and Urban Trash : Matte black


The Yuliya tower contains the shadows from top to bottom:
Cloud Coverage: Matte white
Dazzle Me: Light Beige sheen
Boyfriend Sweater  :  Grey Brown sheen/shimmer
Chocoholic : Dark copper brown (sheen)

Urban Trash : Matte Black



 These are the shadow towers with a size comparison with a quarter. Each individual shadow tower container has 1.5-2grams of product with a sifter.


The colors are swatched in the order they appear in the shadow towers. On the right the colors are dry swatched and on the left they are wet. Both without primer. Picture taken with flash.

Likes
  • The texture of the pigments are easy to work with/not too chalky
  • The colors are pigmented
  • With the shadow towers you spend less than buying individual shadows
  • Quick processing and shipping
  • Reasonable shipping price
  • You receive two baggy samples with an order
Not so likes (lol)
  • I do think a little more product could be included (but that's just me)
  • Some colors are a bit more shimmery or have more sheen than I expected (chocoholic). I would have liked to see more dark neutral pigments that were matte.
Rating: I give these a 4.5/5

This entry was posted on Thursday, June 30, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

4 Responses to “Glamour Doll Eyes Shadow Towers/Stacks”

  1. Love it! Keep it up doll ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I appreciate that :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That green eye shadow looks amazing on you! You have a wonderful blog by the way, I will be checking back to read more of your posts. I wish all the luck in the world with it (although I am sure you do not need it).

    All the best,
    Voe.
    _________________________________________
    http://lipstick-and-pearls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! :) I love the way browns and greens look together...I figured if it looks good in nature perhaps it will look good on me! lol I'll be checking out your blog and thanks much for the luck :)

    ReplyDelete