Cocoalamina
Makeup Brushes: Bdellium Tools Smokey Eye Set | Cocoa Lamina

Makeup Brushes: Bdellium Tools Smokey Eye Set

About a month ago I purchased the Bdellium Tools Smokey Eye 5 Eco Friendly Brush Set from Amazon.com. The set is currently available for $26.10 + 4.99 shipping a total of $31.09. I paid $1.09 because I had accumulated $30.00 in amazon gift cards thanks to SWAGBUCKS! I could have gotten the set completely free..but yeah I didn't want to wait for my other gift card to go through since it would take a few more days LOL -_-; ANYWAY. The set consisted of:
  • 5 Professional Eco-friendly makeup brushes
  • All sustainable bamboo handles and vegan soft synthetic bristles.
  • All recyclable aluminum ferrules. 100% cruelty free.
  • The collection of perfect blending & lining tools you need to create beautiful smoky eyes.
  • #781B Crease, #777B Shadow, #769B Angled Contour, #760B Liner/Brow, #716B Smoky Eyeliner
 I also wanted to go ahead and say that all of the brushes were incredibly soft. No scratching..as it should be lol. The brushes were also a bit shorter than I imagined and super lightweight which felt a little weird. Oh yeah..and I LOVE the color!


 The lovely #769B - ANGLED CONTOUR
"Sharp angled brush for contouring with intense color. Create color accents and highlights on the inner and outer corners of the eye area.
5.5 inch (14 cm)"



At first I did think this brush was a little large but it worked well. I use it for the outer v and it actually have used it to apply a light highlight as I can deposit less color compared to some other brushes.

#716B - SMOKY EYELINER
"Perfect tool to create a smoky look around the corner of the eyes. Get a smoky look with just one sweep. 5.5 inch (14 cm)"

To me this brush is a little awkward. I would have preferred it to be a little slimmer and stiffer. I do like it for applying color to the inner corner of my eye though, it works pretty well for that.

#760B - LINER/BROW
"Ideal for precision work on the eye and brow, suitable for powder or cream product. 5.1 inch (13 cm)"

This liner brush is TINY in comparison to my Ecotools eyeliner brush. The bristle width is about 1/3 the size of my Ecotools brush. It did take some getting used to but it does work pretty well with cream liner and is more precise.

 
#777B - SHADOW
"Perfectly designed to service all your shadow needs. 5.6 inch (14 cm)"

Just as it says this is pretty much a basic shadow brush. It's soft but dense enough to pick up color. I do notice that it likes to hang onto a lot of color though.



 
#781B - CREASE
"Crafted for eye crease work and use with contrasting colors. For a more fine application, use only the tip of the brush. 5.7 inch (15 cm)"

This is a nice dome shaped crease/blending brush. This is probably one of my favorites. It's able to pick up enough color yet blend it out for a nice finish. I wonder how this would work with concealer..hmmm

 The packaging the brush set came in. Each brush was also in it's own individual clear plastic sleeve. The whole container was also bubble wrapped.







Simple eye look I did with the Bdellium brushes only. I'm still trying to figure out my camera for the purpose of capturing makeup so bear with me! lol

Overall I do like the set though some brushes don't seem as essential (the 716) but I will keep playing around with them!

This entry was posted on Sunday, July 24, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

3 Responses to “Makeup Brushes: Bdellium Tools Smokey Eye Set”

  1. I definitely need to put an order in. Thanks for the review Mina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow....i want those brushes....off to amazon:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problemo ladies! As soon as I have enough gift cards via swagbucks (cheapo) I'll be trying some of their face makeup brushes! lol

    ReplyDelete