Cocoalamina
Makeup: La Femme Blush | Cocoa Lamina

Makeup: La Femme Blush

Left to right from top: Redwood, Dusty Rose (Bottom) Golden Sunset, Terracotta, Dark brown E/S, Brick Red.

La Femme blushes have made their round on you tube so I was a little surprised that I hadn't heard of them sooner...but then again I was never a blush person to begin with..*blinks* Well hasn't that changed now.  I've yet to come across any bad reviews of the blushes themselves though I have come across not so great reviews of the online reseller MakeUpMania. Many reviewers had issues with the shipping time, packaging for shipping, and not being informed of certain blushes in their order being out of stock. I personally had no issues with my order/s regarding shipping time. With both orders I placed, I received my orders on the third business day (Ordered on Sunday and received on Wednesday for both orders that were placed almost one month apart).I liked the blushes yet was disappointed that I didn't try varying colors so I ended up placing the 2nd order.



My collection of La femme blushes and dark brown eye shadow *excluding Brick Red blush*: Left to right top: Coral Spice, Peach Sparkle, Dark Brown E/S, Redwood, Dusty Rose (bottom): Mocha, Cinnabar, --, Golden Sunset, Terracotta

My initial order consisted of ...
The Palette Lab 4 well palette : $17.50, Eye shadow Pan only $2.50, Blush in packaging $3.00. My total including shipping came up to $27.80. The size of both eyeshadow and blush pans are 1.45 inch / 36.83 mm.

Now on to swatches from the first order..mmmm..Keep in mind that this is only one swipe of the color!
 And now lightly blended out...
From the first order I must say that my favorite is Golden Sunset. I like the satiny finish. My least favorite is probably the Brick Red because well....it's so red..lol. I personally don't like it on me as much as the other colors though I do plan on continuing to use it as an awesome eyeshadow or mixed with some lip balm as a lip color. I've used some of the other blushes as eyeshadows as well.


My second order...
4 Blushes (pan only) Coral spice, Peach Sparkle, Mocha, and Cinnabar. $2.50 each. my total came up to $11.99 including shipping. I paid nothing out of pocket though due to my lovely winnings from Swagbucks from which I earned money for paypal. Muaha..gotta love free stuff right? I also went ahead and purchased a palette via ebay to hold my blushes (shall make a post about that) lol Anyway, here are the swatches.

 Two swipes of Cinnabar
The only issue I noticed was that my Cinnabar blush isn't as soft or pigmented as the others. It could just be mine though hmm..

Likes:
  • The price! Each blush and shadow (in pan) is only $2.50! If you prefer them in packaging it's only .50 more.
  • The pigmentation. The blushes are super pigmented. You literally only need to LIGHTLY swipe over them with a blush brush to pick up enough color. 
  • The blushes are bendable. I don't have many issues blending the colors out to appear more natural.
  • Multi purpose. Since the blushes are so pigmented and apply well I use them not only as blush but eyeshadow and lip colors as well.
  • Makeupmania packaging excluding the envelopes (in dislikes). The envelope pan only blushes or shadows arrive in are bubble wrapped with added tissue paper and enclosed in a small box. None of my products arrived broken.
Not so likes:
  • This isn't terrible but the blushes for the most part are pretty soft. Any little knick (with a fingernail for example) will leave a dent in the blush. They can also get a little messy from "fallout" on the palette.
  • I've only tried one pressed shadow but from what it looks like the shadows aren't as pigmented as the blush. The shadow still works well though.
  • Makeupmania packaging for shipping. When ordering blushes in pan only form all of the blushes will be stuffed in an envelope together. If one blush were to break that would lead to mixed colors and a big mess.
My final rating for the blush is 5/5

This entry was posted on Thursday, August 4, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

3 Responses to “Makeup: La Femme Blush”

  1. Wow those are some pretty nice colours!
    Your blog layout Is amazing
    xx
    BERRY-HAUTE 

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blushes look quite pretty. I'm not really a blush person but I think I'd like o to try these.

    I gave you a blog award, so feel free to stop by my blog at anytime to see it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments ladies! Sooo sorry for such a late reply.

    @Geriee the Glamazon: I love them! and thank you :)

    @Max-E: I wasn't before at all. I was worried of how it would look on my darker tone the La Femme blushes surely made me change my mind though! Thank you and will do! :)

    ReplyDelete