Cocoalamina
SKIN: Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay | Cocoa Lamina

SKIN: Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Today I decided to do a facial. I felt my skin looked a bit dull, plus I haven't used a mask in a while. This time I decided to go with the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay. Lucky me..my mom sells and uses it, so of course she had some on hand..muahaha *lightning strikes* uh..yeah...lol
 "Clays have been used for centuries to beautify and refresh when used as a facial mask.
Cleopatra used clay from the Nile river and the Arabian desert over 1800 years ago, as part of her beauty ritual.
German and Roman spas have been using clay packs and treatments in the spas they built 4,000 years ago. Many of these spas still exist and use clay even today.
Pliney the Elder devoted an entire chapter of his Natural History" to the many uses of clay for pimples, black heads and skin tightening."

I've used the mask before and felt it was a bit drying, so I decided to add some other ingredients.

This is what I used here. Two and a half scoops of clay, half a spoon of honey, one spoon of castor oil, one spoon of vatika oil , and a little water. I mixed the chunkiness together and added enough apple cider vinegar to smooth out the mixture enough to be applied.

 After I mixed well I applied and let sit while I was editing photos! This is what it looked like applied...
After letting it sit and harden and get all crackely..*It will look like the desert on your face* I washed off with warm water and a handy dandy rag over the tub (it's messy). As for final results, I didn't notice an overly amazing right away difference after I washed it off *which takes a while* BUT my face felt really smooth and more radiant. It deff felt clean and it didn't look dull at all. After looking at it a bit more, the texture of my skin has improved. I keep touching my face lol. My pores definitely feel unclogged to a certain degree. I'll keep using maybe once a week to see what kinds of results I get over time and will give more insight!

EDIT: Um yeah..I woke up this morning..Looked at my face and all I can say is that it looks great. I hadn't exfoliated this week, and the masked deep cleaned and went a little farther than exfoliation. My skin definitely looks more radiant and smooth. THIS WILL BE ADDED into my weekly skin regimen. If once a week is too much, I'll cut it down to every two weeks or less if needed. I'll also be using it on some problem areas on my body to see how well it does..Toodles for now!

This entry was posted on Saturday, April 2, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

One Response to “SKIN: Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay”

  1. Interesting. I hope it yields great results over time! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete