Cocoalamina
CRAFTS: Blinged out contact case | Cocoa Lamina

CRAFTS: Blinged out contact case

I was rather bored today so I tried to think of something to do..I recently bought 2 24packs of contacts (I wear a different prescription for each eye). I looked in my bathroom drawer and came across several contact cases so I thought I'd clean/disinfect and then bling one out! I decided to do this outside due to the fumes of the glue..


These are the supplies I used. I didn't want the green portion of the case to show through under the rhinestones so I painted it white with acrylic paint..






After painting that portion of the case I added glue to the bottom side of the large pieces *the whipped cream and green flower* so that they would stick well and added them onto the case. I spread the glue onto the case with a tooth pick in small sections and used my jewelry pliers (couldn't find my tweezers) to attach the rhinestones and pearls onto the surface of the case.

I included a closer look at the "whipped cream". This was made previously out of Acrylic latex plus silicone caulk piped through an icing tip. The rhinestones and flatback pearls were added before it dried and I didn't have any glaze on hand so I just sealed it with clear fingernail polish.


I didn't want to case to look too cluttered so I just stuck with rhinestones and flatback pearls for the left side of the case. I also didn't fully "bedazzle" all of the sides of the contact case because if I did it wouldn't be able to screw off! This is what it looks like finished.. :)




Oooo maybe next I'll do a makeup case/mirror


This entry was posted on Friday, May 20, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply