Cocoalamina
FOOD: Ricotta Turkey Meatballs | Cocoa Lamina

FOOD: Ricotta Turkey Meatballs

So...! I decided to make spaghetti and meatballs previously. I came across a youtube vid featuring Ricotta meatballs. Hmmm I thought to myself..I bet that's yummy..Might as well try it! For the Ricotta cheese meatballs I used..

  • Ricotta Cheese
  • Ground turkey meat

  • Seasonings: Seasoned meat tenderizer, Parsley flakes, and Chili powder
  •  Tomato sauce
 I wasn't too picky about brands, I figure it'll end up about the same anyway.
First I emptied the ground turkey into a container. I then added half a container of Ricotta cheese or enough so that the ratio of cheese to the meat was about 1:3 or 2:4. I added my seasonings/herbs and got ready to mix!

 I was sure to combine everything into the mix though not over mixing. It's not exactly supposed to look like a big glob of brown..lol
I got my lightly oiled pan ready (a skillet will work well) and set the heat to around medium. I shaped the meatballs and let them cook until full browned.

 After the meatballs were fully cooked I drained off the excess oil and added my tomato sauce and 1/2-1 cup of water (depending on how much sauce you use) to let the flavors get acquainted with one another. I let that simmer anywhere from 10-30min covered...and That's is!







This entry was posted on Sunday, May 15, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply