Cocoalamina
FOOD: Shrimp & Grits | Cocoa Lamina

FOOD: Shrimp & Grits

I went to a ballet recital last night and after the show they had refreshments.. Among the food were shrimp and grits in champagne cups. Of course I couldn't resist..It was pretty yummy and inspired me to try my own take this morning!

Ingredients:
Grits 1/4 cup
Water: 1 cup
Shrimp
Seasoning
Mozarella cheese
Sandwhich cheese
Garlic
Scallions


I started off by making my grits first. Bring 1 cup of water with a dash of salt to a boil (on medium heat) and added 1/4 cup of grits. I whisked continuously and turned the heat to low after around 2 minutes. Stir occasionally throughout cooking so that grits wont clump or stick to the bottom of the pot. After about 20 minutes I added a little bit of butter (maybe 1small teaspoon). I then added a sprinkle of shredded mozzarella cheese and half a slice of sandwich cheese. I mixed until the cheeses were nicely melted and turned the heat down as low as possible.


I set that aside and added a little bit of water if I felt it was thickening too much. At this point I was ready to start on my shrimp topping. My shrimp were already peeled, deveined (??) and seasoned. I seasoned to taste with around equal amounts of these seasonings. Be a little light with the Lemon and pepper seasoning salt since salt is the first ingredient..don't want it to be too salty. The chili powder also has salt as an ingredient.
I chopped up a little bit of garlic and scallions and added to a buttered pan to saute. I then added my shrimp mix. Cook on a little lower than medium heat until the shrimp are pink. I then added around 1/8 cup of water. I also added a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese. This is what it's looking like so far.


Now..I added two big spoons of my grits....yes..my grits lol..I didn't want to fully mix the shrimp with the grits because everything would be yellow. This is what it looks like..
Now it's about time to serve..I put the remaining grits on a plate and added my grits/shrimp sauce mix over the top..and THAT's IT.

This entry was posted on Saturday, March 26, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

3 Responses to “FOOD: Shrimp & Grits”

  1. Beautiful pictures and it looks tasty. You break things down pretty well <3 it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks! I've always wondered if I explained things well enough lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice! i like the setup here *looks for code to hack* LMH great job!

    ReplyDelete