Cocoalamina
NAILS: News print nails II | Cocoa Lamina

NAILS: News print nails II

I decided to post a sort of picture tutorial to show how I did my gradient news print nails! Hopefully I make sense~...lol

Materials:
Newspaper (dugh! lol)
Alcohol
Polishes of our choice/top coat
  A container to hold your alcohol for finger dipping
Scissors to cut the news paper
A sponge for the gradient
Rhinestones..if you like
I'll be using these two colors..
Ok! So, first I applied a clear base coat and 2 coats of Sinful Colors - Mint Apple
I let it dry and started on the gradient color. There are diff ways to do gradient colors, but I just wanted to do this one.

I painted the tip of my sponge with the color Innocent and started to dab the tips of my nails working my way down till a bit more than half way. I applied more color on the tips than mid nail by focusing more light pressure on the nail tips. This is what it looked like...
I wasn't going for a major gradient look..Nothing too neat since I'm going to be applying the news print on top anyway! After I did the gradient color on all of my nails I let them dry and added a top coat. At this point it was time to start on adding the news print. 

Make sure to have your cut outs of newspaper ready!

OK! So, dip your finger into the container you've set aside with your alcohol in it and soak it for 10 seconds or so..
Immediately after taking your nail out of the alcohol have your news strip ready and apply it firmly to your wet nail.
Apply pressure evenly as to allow for the print to transfer onto the nail. I applied pressure for around 30sec. Remove the strip carefully and.....
 Continue as you like on all nails..

There you have it..gradient news print nails..
Be sure to apply your top coat when you're done or the print will fade.

This entry was posted on Saturday, January 15, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

One Response to “NAILS: News print nails II”