Cocoalamina
SKIN: Sugar scrub | Cocoa Lamina

SKIN: Sugar scrub

Today I decided to do a sugar scrub for my face and hands. I like sugar scrubs of course for the exfoliation..and hey..it's CHEAP..tastes good too...lol Anyway, I started off by gathering my ingredients. I'm using, brown sugar, honey, and lemon.

Sugar is the exfoliator. Honey acts as a humectant/moisturizer (an ingredient that pulls moisture out of the air or other sources) and has antibacterial properties. It also can produce hydrogen peroxide which has lightening properties. The lemon has citric acid and also can work as a lightening agent. I do this for exfoliation and evening my skin tone (NOT specifically to lighten my skin as a whole lol). Combine the ingredients to your liking until you get a consistency you're happy with.

The consistency of my scrub looks like....

I tend to dampen my face..or wherever I'm going to scrub. Then I apply the mix and work it in. I let mine sit for however long and then rinse it off with warm water. Then take your lemon add some honey on top and suck away...lol ok..that's actually not good for your teeth enamel..but uh..it's good..*blinks*









This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply